Thursday, June 3, 2010

50 Acts of Kindness #4 Continued....

When I was at a crossroads in my life, and questioning God and my faith, I just happened to be at a doll signing with Marie in DC. I don't know why, but there of all places I was compelled to ask her something, Even though she is who she is (a big star) and I am just who I am (Just me). But I asked her about Church & God and how she knew it was true .She gave me a hug and whispered her testimony in my ear and wrote some scriptures for me read. I was deeply touched that she would take the time to answer such a personal question right there in the line of the doll signing. But her devotion to God was very apparent through her gentle & kind witness to me. In that small moment, She touched my heart deeply, and I know that was God's love shining through her and out to me. Now, really, how many people can do something like that whether they are a star or not? She is a special person.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Wow....Marie was involved in myself joining the LDS church!! A special human being!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my letter to Marie and she is such a dear sweet person. I treasure the memory of that special meeting with Marie. Her hair dresser told me that Marie always carry's her scriptures with her wherever she goes. Yes Joseph, she is a special human being for sure.
    Crafting Chris in VA

    ReplyDelete